Join Our Bracket Challenge at CBSSports.com
Selection Sunday is just 2 days away!
That’s right, just 2 short days until the kickoff of a 23-day holiday for college hoops fans. At around 5:30 p.m. CDT this Sunday, fans across the country will begin a series of excruciating decision-makng processes that include, but are not limited to:
- Do I take the 5 or the 12 here?
- Will all the #1 seeds make it through?
- When did they get 68 teams? … and finally,
- Is this the year a 1 goes down to a 16?
- 1st round – 2 points per game, plus team seed bonus, i.e. if you correctly pick #10 over #7, you get 2 points + 10 points for the seed bonus
- 2nd round – 3 points per game, plus team seed bonus
- Regional Semis – 4 points per game, plus team seed bonus
- Regional Finals – 8 points per game, plus team seed bonus
- Final Four – 16 points per game, no seed bonus
- National Title Game – 32 points, no seed bonus
- Tie-breaker will be total points scored in title game
- (Note: “1st round” refers to the round of 32 games … I personally do not count the 4 play-in games as a “round”)
But wait, there’s more … prizes, sort of. Runner-up of the G7D challenge will receive a copy of Carey Casey’s Championship Fathering, and a $25 donation made in their honor to the National Center for Fathering. The winner will receive a copy of the book and a $75 donation. So please sign up and help us benefit the NCF.
The only rule is: dads, involve your kids. This shouldn’t be difficult if they are basketball fans, but even if they aren’t, get their input, and watch the games together to see how your picks unfold. The whole idea here is to enjoy the games together. You may have to endure your child picking a 16-seed over a #1 because they like the mascot, but that’s how it goes!
Subscribe to the blog here and join us on Facebook for updates and insights as the tournament unfolds. Have fun and enjoy the madness!